Hello and welcome to the first healthy halloween recipe !! #HalloweenWithMelo haha
This week I will present 3 healthy recipes (vegan, gluten free and paleo) and delicious for halloween. I love this moment of the year so I thought it would be nice to share simple recipes for the occasion. Subscribe to my blog to be informed ! I would also share 3 videos recipes, always for halloween but this time on my instagram, so don’t hesitate to follow me there 😉 And i’m gonna start with this vegan snickers recipe.
Anyway !! Let’s stop talking and start this yummy (one of my fav) recipe ! Homemade vegan snickers that also are gluten free ! If you’re a fan of snickers or chocolate bars, but are trying to eat healthy, you MUST ABSOLUTELY test this recipe. It’s really good, chocolate, peanuts uh the dream.
These snickers are :
– Gluten free
– AND RAW !
You’ll only get advantage from those snacks (well of course don’t be extra and eat to much of them).
I don’t know about you, but for me halloween rhymes with sweets. A day where we snack a lot of sweet things and where we fall back to childhood. In fact I always celebrated halloween because the mother of my sister’s friend was Irish, and there we celebrate a lot halloween, so she always organized something for all the children… it was really cool, we were wearing costumes and collected candies from our friends haha !
But as you know, since 2014, I changed my diet (because of my acne), so sweets and candy bars uh no thanks (that refined sugar !!! yuck !) that’s exactly what you shouldn’t eat when you have acne ! So I try make healthy and vegan, gluten free and paleo alternative of all my fave snacks (kind of) 😉
Private: HOMEMADE VEGAN GLUTEN FREE SNICKERS
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp of agave syrup
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2 handful of peanuts
- 1 chocolate bar
- TO MAKE THE NOUGAT : Add the first three ingredients from the list to a bowl and mix. Spread this dough on parchment paper, square shaped and let rest in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- TO MAKE THE CARAMEL : In a robot, mix dates, vanilla, coconut oil, salt and 1 handful of peanuts. Spread this caramel on the nougat paste made in the previous step. Add the peanuts on it.
- Put in the freezer until it is hard so that you can cut bars or small pieces.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE : Melt the chocolate. Cover the bars. Once all the bars are covered, leave half an hour in the freezer so that the snickers take good. Voilà it’s finally ready to taste !!!
(this recipe was inspired by this video)
** For the dates, I have exceptionally used deglet nour dates, (instead of medjool dates that are normally more tender and gooey). They have done the trick. So if you can’t find medjool dates like me today, take deglet nour dates. The most important thing is that they are soft. You can also soak them in warm water for a few minutes for extra gooeyness hihihi.
Tell a halloween anecdote in the comments !! I’d love to read them ♡
PIN THIS RECIPE IF YOU LIKED IT 😉